Highlights: Machu Picchu, Málaga Pass and Sacred Valley
Duration: 3 days
Route: Asphalt and dirtroad
Departure: At request
We will depart from Cusco heading north-east where we will pass by the villages of Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. From here we will take the road to Quillabamba crossing the Málaga Pass (4,315 meters above sea level). At this point we will stop to appreciate the beautiful landscape, mountains and snow-peaked mountains.
We will descend going through the villages of Huayopata, Huyro and Santa Maria, until we find the Vilcanota River. Then we will continue our ride and take the train at “Hidroelectrica” train station where we will leave the motorcycles and equipment behind. We will continue by train to the town of “Aguas Calientes” where we will spend the night.
Early, the second day, we will take the bus to the Inca City of Machupicchu. Together with our cultural guide we will get to know the city in about 4 hours. We will be able to see the “Intiwatana” (solar clock) and the different parts and spaces around this amazing city considered on the list of the seven wonders of the world.
Very early in the morning we will take the train heading towards “Hidroelectrica”. After arrival we will take our bikes and equipment heading towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will be able to appreciate the archeological sites of Moray and the Maras salt mines, and later we will continue our tour to the village of Chinchero, famous for its Inca textile work. Finally, we will continue heading towards Cusco.
End of our services.
- Minimum of 2 motorcycles
- Cost additional passenger US$ 350.00
- You can make the tour as a single motorcyclist for an additional amount of US$ 250.00 upon the normal price
The price includes
- Adventure motorcycle guide
- Motorcycle (Honda XR150 / XRE 300cc / Suzuki DR 650)
- Safety equipment (helmet, gloves and jacket)
- Physical insurance obliged by Peruvian law (SOAT)
- Train from “Hidroelectrica” station to Machupicchu
- Bus from Aguas calientes to Machupicchu and return
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu
- First- and middle-class hotels with private shower and toilet, standard breakfast included
- Photos of the tour
Is not included
- Fuel (for none of the bikes passenger or guide)
- Personal expenses
- Full risk insurance US$ 250.00
- 4x4 support truck/transport of luggage with driver included. Cost per day US$ 140, fuel is not included
- GPS Rental (US$ 20 per day)
- Photo & video cam “GoPro” (US$ 20 per day)
- Rain suit (US$ 10 per day)
- Dry bag (US$ 5 per day)
- Tank bag (US$ 10 per day)
- Metal sidebox (US$ 20 per day)
- Additional motorbike equipment
- Prices are given in US dollars and are per person
- There is a deposit for the bike of 250 USD, 500 USD or 1500 USD depending on the model chosen for the tour. This amount is settled the day of the tour via VISA credit card or cash (dollar or soles).
- The accommodations are in double rooms (if you want a single room you have to contact us)
- Payments are made through our webpage payment button or bank deposit