THE ANDEAN MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR
Nazca / Chalhuanca / Cusco / Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu (by train) / Colca Canyon / Arequipa
Duration: 8 days/7 nights
Departs: At request
Frequency: At request
Road: Asphalt and dirtroad (± 1900 km)
Main attractions: Historical places, archaeological sites and beautiful landscapes
Day 1. Lima -Nazca (around 480 km)
We leave at eight in the morning from Lima directly to Nazca on a trip of around seven hours. We will have lunch in Ica and overnight in Nazca. Optional we can take a tour on the wine yards of Ica, after lunch.
Day 2. Nazca – Chalhuanca (around 375 km)
After we get up we will take a flight over the Nazca-lines. Then we will have brunch and head to Chalhuanca, to our hotel Tampumayo. We pass by Pampa Galeras where we see beautiful vicuñas and Puquio with its stone forest. We will have fresh trout for lunch at a local fish farm and much more before we reach our hotel Tampumayo around four in the afternoon.
Day 3. Chalhuanca – Cusco (around 300 km)
From Chalhuanca to Cusco is around 5 hours. We leave at 8 am and arrive at Cusco for lunch. In the afternoon we have a guided City Tour of three hours in a van. You will visit the ruins of Saqsaywaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambamachay. We overnight in Cusco.
Day 4. Sacred Valley (around 120 km)
This day after our breakfast we leave at 9 am in the direction of Pisaq, but not before we have visited Cochahuasi, where we can see pumas, condors and other Andean animal species. After visiting the Pisaq ruins we have lunch in Urubamba. Then we go to Ollantaytambo where we will finish our guided tour at 4 pm. Later (at 4:30 pm) we take the train to Aguas Calientes where we will overnight.
Day 5. Machupicchu
Early in the morning at 6 we go to Machupicchu where we will have a guided tour of two hours. Then we go back to Aguas Calientes to take the train of 1 pm. After arrival in Ollantaytambo at 3 pm we take our motorcycles to visit Moray and Chinchero. We arrive in Cusco at 6:30 pm (around 80 km).
Day 6. Cusco – Chivay (around 375km)
Today we leave Cusco at 8 am, and go to the archaeological site Raqchi, the vast plateau of Qollao, to finally arrive at Chivay in the Colca Canyon at our hotel. Here we can enjoy the hot springs of Chivay.
Optionally this day we can go to Chivay via Espinar / Tres Cañones or Suikutambo. The scenery is more beautiful but the road is basically land or trail.
Day 7. Chivay – Arequipa (around 180 km)
We leave our hotel in Chivay early at 6:30 am, and head to Cruz del Condor where we enjoy the flight of the condors and then we ride to Arequipa where we should arrive around lunchtime. We will have the whole afternoon to visit this beautiful city.
Transfer to the airport of Arequipa.
End of our services.
Prices per motorcycle:
4+ …………………………….US$ 1711.00
An additional passenger costs US$ 750.00 less from the normal price.
This tour includes:
- Rental of motorcycle Suzuki DR650 or Honda Tornado XR 250cc, the client can choose
- Basic safety equipment (helmet, gloves and jacket)
- Spare parts when needed.
- Professional adventure guide and cultural guide for some archeological sites.
- Accommodations, first- and middle-class hotels with private shower and toilet, standard breakfast included
- Entrance fees of Andahuaylillas, Raqchi, Colca Cañon and the Sacred Valley
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu, busses, trains and transfers at Machupicchu, cultural guide at Machupicchu
- Flight over Nazca lines
- Transfers between hotels
- Physical insurance obliged by Peruvian law (SOAT)
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle if needed
- Transportation of the motorcycles from Arequipa to Cusco (return to base)
Is not included:
- Personal expenses
- Meals, except breakfast at the hotels
- We offer variations on this tour. These tours are 9 or 10 days. The first 5 days are the same, and then some other places will be visited. If you want more information about these tours, please contact us
- Prices are given in US dollars and are per person
- The accommodations are in double rooms (if you want a single room you have to contact us)
- 4x4 Truck for mechanical support and/or transport of luggage, driver/mechanic is included, this service does not include fuel and it costs US$ 140.00 per day
- Upgrade to a motorcycle Suzuki Vstrom 650 or Honda Xl700v Transalp for an additional US$ 80.00
- Full risk insurance US$ 250.00
- Fuel (fixed price US$ 250.00)
- GPS (Tom Tom) Rental (US$ 20 per day)
- Photo & video cam “GoPro” (US$ 20 per day)
- Rain suit (US$ 10 per day)
- Dry bag (US$ 5 per day)
- Tank bag (US$ 10 per day)
- Metal sidebox (US$ 20 per day)
- Extra helmet (US$ 5 per day)
- Additional motorbike equipment
Contact us for more information.